Posted on Feb 8 by Tatiana under Steve-Phillips
I just finished watching Steve Phillips first interview after sex rehab on the Today Show with Matt Lauer.
Phillips was treated at the same sex clinic that Tiger Woods is (or was) in.
A few things:
- It was a 45 day program
- His wife was there for a week during “Spouse Week”
- Phillips claimed that the clinic was full of “broken people”
- When given the chance to pass a message to Brooke Hundley (the young lady he was involved with), Phillips passed, claiming it would be “inappropriate”
During the interview he kept comparing his sex addiction to alcoholism, gambling addiction, drugs, etc. and inferred that in each addiction, the addict was trying to fill a hole (yes, he actually said that, which caused me to burst out laughing).
I am something of a body language, eye movement, and verbal clue expert from my days in the military.
Here are a few thoughts:
- Phillips is incredibly angry at Brooke Hundley and still blames her (here is a link to a previous interview she did)
- Phillips was asked if he and his wife are making it work, and his answer told us all we needed to know—they are trying and failing right now
- Phillips will do this again—he is not cured
All in all a good interview with a fair amount of verbal deception by Phillips—I don’t feel one ounce of pity for him, and he wants a lot of pity right now.
In an exclusive interview with The TODAY Show’s Matt Lauer on Monday, disgraced former ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips — who entered sex rehab after yet another office romance with a pudgy butterface — spoke about the treatment he received at Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Services, the same Mississippi facility where Tiger Woods reportedly sought help.